I am having a hard time writing a review for The Good Son by Jacquelyn Mitchard. As I was reading, I kept hoping to get to know the characters better but so much time was spent in Thea’s head, I never got to know any other character, other than the surface view. I felt Thea’s thoughts were very disjointed and there were times that I wasn’t sure what time period she was thinking about. The mystery at the core of the story is what kept me reading and that part of the book was satisfying. Synopsis: What do you do when the person you love best becomes unrecognizable to you? For Thea Demetriou, the answer is both simple and agonizing: you keep loving him somehow. Stefan was just seventeen when he went to prison for the drug-fueled murder of his girlfriend, Belinda. Three years later, he’s released to a world that refuses to let him move on. Belinda’s mother, once Thea’s good friend, galvanizes the community to rally against him to...
Comments
Post a Comment